Whitman County Gazette - Serving Whitman County since 1877


Whitman County Gazette 

Good Old Days

 

February 10, 2022



125 Years Ago

Colfax Gazette

Friday, February 5, 1897

THE BREWERY BURNED

Fire Supposed to be Caused by Overheating Shafting

Shortly after seven o’clock Tuesday evening the Colfax Brewery, in the north end of the city, was discovered on fire and an alarm given. The fire department responded promptly, a line of hose stretched, and a stream of water was soon in use. The fire had gained such headway, however, that but little could be done, except to confine the fire to the brewery proper. The whole upper part of the brewery was destroyed, together with the sto...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021