Author photo

By Teresa Simpson
Whitman County Gazette 

Lithium ion battery ignites fire in Pullman apartment

 


PULLMAN — Pullman firefighters were called to the Kenwood Square Apartments, at 1225 NW Nye Street, around 2:30 p.m., for a report of smoke pouring out of a second-floor apartment.

Fire investigators determined that the fire, partially destroying an apartment, was caused by a lithium-ion battery that was being charged for a remote-control car while the resident was away, according to a press release written by Pullman Fire Department, Public Information Officer, Glenn Johnson.

The release states that Lieutenant Brian Parrish said he could see smoke coming from the building as his crews we...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Cheney Free Press
Ritzville Adams County Journal
Whitman County Gazette
Odessa Record
Franklin Connection
Davenport Times
Spokane Valley News Herald
Colfax Daily Bulletin

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2024

Rendered 02/16/2024 13:44