Whitman County Gazette - Serving Whitman County since 1877

Bad batteries started fire

 

November 4, 2021

File photo

PULLMAN - A Pullman townhouse was destroyed by a fire on Oct. 21.

A battery charger used to charge large lithium batteries in a garage started the fire at 1232 Lost Trail Drive, according to Pullman Fire Marshal Chris Wehrung.

Investigators pinpointed the start and suspect the quality of the Chinese-made batteries contributed to the ignition.

"The residents lost the townhouse and its contents, along with two vehicles and a motorcycle that was in the garage," said Wehrung.

No injuries were reported.

Neighbors were allowed to return to their homes after the residences were inspected by the ci...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021

Rendered 12/05/2021 22:15