Colfax's haunted hospital
Past and future of St. Ignatius
October 28, 2021
COLFAX - Ghosts are the only tenants of the St. Ignatius Hospital and their home is getting renovated.
The hospital was built in 1893.
The first patient had pneumonia and was joined ten more patients in a month. Only three were released, according to the Colfax Haunted Hospital website.
The first death was F. E. Martin in June of 1893. He succumbed to his injuries after being crushed between two railroad cars.
"He is just one of the ghosts known to walk the halls."
He has company in Sister Johanna. She died in 1929 and remained to comfort dying patients. The people reporting to see her we...