Marijuana cigarette ignited house fires
August 19, 2021
PULLMAN - A "joint" started a tree in Pullman on fire leading to two homes being destroyed and 12 students displaced on Aug. 8.
The fire destroyed a home on Maple Street and another on Howard Street.
"Pullman Fire Inspector Tony Nuttman said ... that the cause of the wind-swept fire that destroyed two College Hill homes and caused a half-acre wildfire was an accident caused by the embers from a marijuana cigarette used by two visitors from Colorado," said Glenn Johnson, public information officer.
The investigation included interviews and an examination of the fire scenes by Nuttman, Fire...