Whitman County Gazette - Serving Whitman County since 1877

Fire department training event burns old Dr. Bryant house

 

Submitted Photo | Bill Carroll

A fireman from the safety of the tree line.

COLFAX - A house was burned down in Colfax over the weekend was a training event.

Volunteers from Colfax Fire Department and Whitman County Fire District 11 gathered Feb. 27 in the 1200 block of South Mill Street, behind St. Ignatius Hospital, to start four different fires at 10 a.m.

Groups entered, what was known as Dr. Bryant's house, to observe fire behavior.

On the last fire, the old Victorian structure was burned to the ground as crews used water supply and hoses from two different trucks. A particular mission was to save an old growth cedar tree right next to the house.

"The crew did...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021

Rendered 10/22/2021 12:14