Whitman County Gazette - Serving Whitman County since 1877

Fire damages garage at Pullman residence

 

December 27, 2018



Pullman firefighters took a hose line up a snowy hillside Wednesday morning to extinguish a fire in an attached garage at the end of an icy and snowy road.

The fire was confined to the garage of the single-family home at 1905 NE Landis Place, near Juniper Street. One of the two residents told firefighters that he was having coffee in the kitchen when he smelled something burning in the garage and called 9-1-1.

As firefighters approached the house, they could see smoke pouring from eaves of the garage and when they opened the garage door, there were three-foot-high flames coming from the center of the garage.The fire was confined to a small area with minimal water and smoke damage.

Fire inspector Tony Nuttman said the fire was caused by the accidental discharge of smoking material into a garbage can.

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018