Whitman County Gazette - Serving Whitman County since 1877

By Bill Stevenson
Gazette Editor 

Fire damages Endicott home

Female resident escapes without suffering injuries

 

December 16, 2021

Justin Slayton I The Gazette

Whitman County Fire District 6 firefighters douse water into the attic of the two-story home in Endicott on Dec. 13.

ENDICOTT - An overloaded power outlet started a fire in an Endicott home on Monday, causing extensive damage.

Misty Zarnacki

Fire trucks were gathered at the burning house at 200 Church Street in Endicott.

Whitman County Fire District 6 responded to a neighbor's 9-1-1 call at 1:12 p.m. to report seeing smoke coming from the two-story house at 200 Church Street, said Secretary Steve Lawrence.

A woman lives in the home and was able to safely escape

Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire and cut a hole in the roof to douse where it started to damage the attic. The fire started on the second floor

"The resident had too many things plugged into an outlet and overloaded it," said Lawrence.

Colfax and LaCrosse fire units came to assist in fighting the fire.

The home is deemed unlivable due to the water damage and the power being cut to the residence.

"We had to cut holes in the roof (and) all the water came down into the first floor," said Lawrence.

Author Bio

Bill Stevenson, Editor

Bill Stevenson is the editor of the Whitman County Gazette, Colfax Daily Bulletin and Franklin Connection. He has nearly 30 years of journalism experience covering news in Eastern Washington.

Email: [email protected]
Phone: 5093974333
Twitter: @BillSte71925953
https://www.facebook.com/bill.stevenson.378
Contact Bill Stevenson

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021