Sparks from power pole start a fire in Pullman
August 26, 2021
PULLMAN — Sparks from a “shotgun” fuse on top of an Avista power pole dropped onto dry grass and started a fire on Friday morning.
Pullman and Whitman County Rural Fire District 12 firefighters arrived at the intersection of Bishop Boulevard and State Route 270 at around 11:30 a.m. to find a small fire in dry grass and burning a tree, according to Pullman Fire Department Assistant Chief Ryan Scharnhorst.
The fire was confined to a small area and away from a nearby Mayflower Transit semi-truck.
Avista crews shut off the power and dealt with the resulting power outage....