Whitman County Gazette - Serving Whitman County since 1877

By Staff Report
Whitman County Gazette 

Home nearly damaged

 

November 5, 2020

Justin Slayton - Whitman County Gazette

A neighbor sprays water with a garden hose while waiting for responders.

COLFAX - Fire singed a home on Rock Street in Colfax Oct. 30.

The inside of the home was spared any smoke or damage from fire. Wood was stacked against the back of the house and was ignited. It is believed to have started in a compost pile and was accidental, according to Scott Kruse, Colfax EMS and incident command for the fire.

The residents were at home when the fire broke out and were working to fight the fire when firefighters arrived on scene.

Crews responded at 1:39 p.m. to the fire, at the home behind the Plymouth Congregational Church, and done by 3:45 p.m.

Help came from Colfax...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2020