Whitman County Gazette - Serving Whitman County since 1877


Colfax Daily Bulletin 

Morning house fire on Parkview

 


Colfax Fire Department was called out this morning at 6:19 a.m. to a report of a house fire. A house in the 400 block of Parkview was found to be on fire. The residents were not at home; the call was made by a passerby.

Colfax, Diamond and Steptoe vehicles responded. The fire was contained to an upstairs bedroom and hall. It was extinguished after about 20 minutes.

According to Fire Chief Craig Corbeill, the fire appeared to be an accident caused by an "old style" in-wall electric heater. Other than the damage to the room and ceiling, there was minimal smoke and water damage to the structure. Most units were clear of the scene by 9 a.m.

The resident's family was contacted by phone and were expected to return today. The Red Cross was alerted to their potential need for housing.

 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2020