Whitman County Gazette - Serving Whitman County since 1877

Palouse Blood Drive June 21

Monday morning fire in Colfax


Colfax Fire Department was called out Monday morning at 6:19 a.m. to a report of a house fire. A house in the 400 block of Parkview was found to be on fire. The residents were not at home; the call was made by a passerby.

Colfax, Diamond and Steptoe vehicles responded. The fire was contained to an upstairs bedroom and hall. It was extinguished after about 20 minutes.

According to Fire Chief Craig Corbeill, the fire appeared to be an accident caused by an "old style" in-wall electric heater. Other than the damage to the room and ceiling, there was minimal smoke and water damage to the struct...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments(0)


Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021

Rendered 06/18/2021 18:55