Good Old Days: Jan. 10, 2019


January 10, 2019

Class of thirteen finish pre-cadet training at St. Ignatius School: Receiving their caps, capes and lamps at capping exercises at the St. Ignatius School of Nursing Sunday evening were these 13 young ladies who had completed their pre-cadet training. Seated, from left, are Margaret Mertens, Marine Rowland, Tilly Weber, Mildred Leinweber, Marjorie Hensle and Ann Hunter. Standing, from left, are Dorothy Byers, Jean Miller, Louise Schuelke, Mary Jane Kliewer, June Booth, Beatrice and Bernice Caine and Priscilla Grigwware. From the Jan. 7, 1944, Colfax Gazette-Commoner.

125 years ago

The Commoner, Jan. 5, 1894

Contractor J. W. Janney Saturday morning completed the temporary bridge over the river near the Colfax brewery. The location is about 200 yards north of the site of the bridge which was washed away in the late flood. The structure is 16 feet wide, and 125 feet long. It is a truss bridge, and will be a great benefit to the farmers until a new bridge can be built.


W. L. Horton has completed the improvements of the bridge at the fair grounds which was damaged in the late flood. It was badly tor...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019

Rendered 07/19/2019 00:01