March 21, 2012
By JoAnn Derson
• What’s the best way to keep sheet sets together? Tuck all the pieces in a matching pillowcase, of course.
• Need to hull strawberries? Try using a straw. Position the straw at the bottom of the strawberry, then push up toward the stem. It works quickly and well.
• If you mount a magnet strip in your bathroom or on your vanity, you can use it to hold bobby pins or metal barrettes. Or mount a ribbon to hold all kinds of hair clips.
• Baby leg protectors are cute. And cheap, if you have some old athletic socks. Cut off the ends, slip over baby’s legs, and watch cutie scoot across the floor.
• If your entertainment electronics have a clock that is too bright, cover it with plain tape. You’ll still be able to read the time, but the tape will lessen the glare.
• “My in-laws have a vaulted ceiling, and there is a corner that even the longest-handled duster won’t reach. My brilliant son had an idea to get down the cobwebs that had accumulated there. He used a rubber band to secure a dishtowel around a tennis ball. Then he just tossed it at the area repeatedly. I can’t believe how well it worked.” — A Reader, via email
• If new denims are too stiff, add half a cup of salt to the wash water along with your regular detergent.
(c) 2012 King Features Synd., Inc.